|Open Studio Sessions
Choose from the second and fourth Tuesdays, or the
first Sunday of every month.
Tuesdays: 2/27, 3/13, 3/27, 4/10, 4/24, 5/8, 5/22
Sundays: 4/1, 5/6, 6/3, 7/1, 8/6
All classes are from 1 - 4 pm
$55 per session or $200 for 4 sessions with most supplies included. (Reservations are required)
Do you ever feel isolated while creating work in your home studio? Or maybe you have such limited space to work that sometimes it doesn't seem worth it to even set it all up? I know all about this because my first studio was my dining room table where I had to set up and break down all the equipment before getting to the fun part.
My open studio paint party sessions address these issues while giving you a fun community of artists to work with on a regular basis.
This is not intended to be a guided class, but rather a place where you apply what you've already learned and have concentrated time to perfect techniques you've been trying to master. I will be available to help with replenishing materials as needed or answer quick questions about techniques you've already learned but I won't be teaching anything new and may not be in the studio with you the whole time so you'll need to be able to work independently. Other times I may be working on my own paintings right along side you! Either way, you'll be with a fun group of artists, all working on their own projects.
Here's how it works:
Confirmation, directions to my studio and additional information will be emailed to each student upon registration. Space is limited to 6 students so classes fill quickly.
- To participate just purchase either one session at a time or a series of 4 sessions for lower fee. There is no credit or refund for missed classes so be sure you can attend all of the sessions before signing up. The 4 session packages must be used within 9 months of purchase.
- I'll provide wax medium and encaustic paint in a variety of colors (in small pots).
- All of my basic tools will be available to you including stylus, needle tools, and scrapers in different sizes. I'll also put out some basic collage papers but feel free to bring your own.
- There will be one hot palette for every two students, just like in my classes.
- For fusing I'll have embossing heat guns, mini butane torches or larger propane torches. Please do not bring your own heat gun (large ones take too much power) but you may bring your own torches. If you have not used a torch before this is not the place to start.
- Bring your own boards to work on, up to about 12" on the longest side, or bring paintings in progress.
- There will be room on each griddle for you to work directly on the surface. Feel free to bring your own paint if you want special colors. Bring your own brushes for this or use mine if you like. I'll have paraffin available for cleaning too.
- Please no shellac, tar or other materials with lots of fumes. Never ever bring glitter. Ever. (It gets into the wax!)
If you have trouble registering online please contact me at (503) 348-9139 or waxx@ lindarobertsonarts.com. Classes must be paid for in full by cash, check or credit card prior to the class to confirm your spot. When your payment is received you will be emailed a confirmation notice, additional information about the classes and a map to my studio in NE Portland.
Cancellation and Liability Policies
If the workshop is canceled by the instructor, you will receive a full refund. If another instructor must be substituted for Linda Robertson due to illness or emergency you will have the option to attend the class with the substitute instructor or cancel/reschedule without penalty.
- Cancellation at least 7 days before the class date = full refund or may change to another class without penalty.
- Cancellation 7 days or less before the class date = full refund minus a $30 cancellation fee only if the space is filled by another paying student.
- No show = no refund.
- By registering for this class you agree to assume all responsibility for non-refundable expenses including but not limited to travel and lodging. Travel insurance is encouraged.
Should any injuries occur during or as a result of participation in any class or workshop, the registered student agrees to indemnify
and hold harmless Linda Robertson and all employees, instructors and volunteers connected with Linda Robertson Arts.
Not sure what to expect? View blog entries to see photos from my classes. My private studio is located in NE Portland, Oregon. Please feel free to contact me should you have any questions.